Primary Systems Inc., established in 1976 and based in St. Louis, MO is a healthcare technology integrator that specializes in the process improvement of hospital and healthcare facilities through the utilization of technology systems.
Primary Systems, Inc is looking for a Field Technician that will work closely with the project manager, site manager or supervisor, to make sure all necessary coordination is accomplished to meet schedule requirements, to make sure all systems are operational, tested, programmed, and labeled. This position requires low-voltage cable and device installation, troubleshooting, and service duties. You will be involved in the product installation of nurse call, critical communications, sound systems, and low-voltage systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires low-voltage cable and device installation, troubleshooting and service
- You will be involved in the product installation of nurse call, critical communications, sound systems, and low-voltage systems
- Responsible for working safely with hands, tools, and ladders (pulling/terminating cables and installing devices/testing/troubleshooting)
- This role involves pulling low voltage cable from point A to point B
- Required to follow company processes and procedures, to establish a timeline for each project with the necessary dates required to coordinate the project and to get material to the job as required
- Responsible to report to the assigned project location on time, with the proper tools and understanding of the work to be performed each day
- It is the responsibility of all employees to help assure quality completion, including testing as a system, labeling and correction of all deficiencies
- Must be on time at job site, focused and accountable
- Required to document work, attend safety meetings/training and education
- State licensed and certified
- Minimum High School or GED
- Electrical/Electronic experience is required
- Electrical/Electronics, low voltage cable installation, troubleshooting, some construction-related job experience
- 4 years of experience
- Knowledge of low voltage system/data cabling infrastructure
- Positive attitude with strong customer service experience
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Ability to climb ladders and lift cable boxes up to 50 lbs
- Must have reliable transportation to drive to work sites
- Must have own basic and tools to work on projects
- 100% paid Family Insurance Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) complete with a company match up to 5%
- Disability coverage
- Learning opportunities that support career development
The typical customer environments are of existing hospital and school facilities and new construction sites. All employees must follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures is possible.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential function of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Primary Systems offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and to all employees regardless of sex, age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.