Human Resources Generalist (Part-Time)
Established in 1976, Primary Systems, Inc. is a family-owned company that provides a consistent work environment with the flexibility needed to deal with everyday life challenges. We are a US-based healthcare solutions provider focused on improving clinical process management through the use of technology and consulting services. Our mission is to help clinical teams achieve lasting improvements in both their clinical processes and patient satisfaction by creating an ongoing clinical team engagement. Primary Systems is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has customers throughout North America.
Human Resources Generalist:
Primary Systems is looking for a part-time Human Resources Generalist who will be responsible for performing HR-related duties, including, but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, supporting annual reviews and the system (Arcoro), benefits, and general HR responsibilities. This newly created hybrid position will work an estimated 15-25 hours per week, with one in-office day per week. The position will report to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and conduct orientations for new employees; ensure all new hire paperwork is completed and processed accurately and promptly.
- Provide human resources support to two St. Louis locations and one location in Indiana.
- Lead recruitment efforts for all positions; conduct interviews, reference checks, and background checks.
- Maintain general awareness of company policies and procedures and answer questions.
- Maintains human resource information system and Arcoro records and compiles reports from the database. What HRIS system do you use to keep track of employee info?
- Understand health and ancillary insurances and assist with communicating benefit information to employees.
- Complete employee exit interviews.
- Through on-going and continued education, develop and maintain an essential understanding of employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices (Title VII, FLSA, ADA, Leaves of Absence, STD/LTD, FMLA, USERRA, WC, etc.)
- Provides assistance to the Controller.
- Assist with recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve efficiency and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities safely and work per established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create job descriptions for newly created positions; update job descriptions as needed.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Support special projects in Human Resources.
- Promote a positive working environment to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods is possible. All employees must follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in human resources is required.
- Basic knowledge of labor law; Federal and preferably Missouri and Indidana state law.
- Ability to understand and communicate our business needs understandably and succinctly.
- High speed and energy, ambitious, and results-oriented; commitment to a culture of performance and excellence is required.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and motivated mindset is required.
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail is required
- Ability to work autonomously in a flexible and growing environment is required.
- Requires the ability to be adaptable, effectively learn, and acquire new knowledge and skills as Primary Systems grows.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, both oral and written, are required. Strong editing and proofreading skills are also required.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work is required.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Musts be able to handle several tasks with confidence.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Strong computer skills and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Primary Systems’ core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.