Director of Clinical Services
Primary Systems Inc., established in 1976 and based in St. Louis, MO is a healthcare technology integrator that specializes in the process improvement of hospital and healthcare facilities through the utilization of technology systems.
The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all facets of the Clinical Applications Specialist’s (CAS) and Clinical Informaticist’s (CIS) functions within our organization. Additionally, this role will help develop and position our clinical consulting and clinical informatics software and services and entails interacting with hospital stakeholders at all levels, from executive leadership to departmental employees. The incumbent will collaborate closely with PSI Leadership, other Department Managers, and Staff. This position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an acute care clinical workflow and informatics subject matter expert and knowledge resource for the CAS and CIS teams.
- Facilitate the allocation and scheduling of clinical design, training, and implementation resources in collaboration with the Project Managers to ensure adherence to project timelines.
- Engages cross-functionally across the organization to provide clinical expertise in areas of product development, product testing, and process implementation.
- Act as a subject matter expert for co-development of new clinical services, processes, and solutions.
- Participate in direct customer workflow analysis and system design.
- Assist in designing data analytics, data collection, and presentation of quarterly clinical informatics trends.
- Lead the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Lean Rapid Improvement Events and Performance Improvement projects.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, orientation, and training processes for both CAS and CIS professionals, while also providing training to other company employees on our solution offerings.
- Foster an employee-centric culture focused on quality, continuous improvement, employee retention, and high performance
- Provide guidance and direction to the team to meet departmental expectations related to productivity, cost control, quality, and goal attainment
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing or equivalently related clinical experience
- A minimum of 8-10 years of clinical experience within acute care healthcare facilities
- Active RN License (must maintain for duration of employment)
- BSN required; Master’s degree preferred
- Informatics certification/degree a plus
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the clinical process management specific to acute care hospital workflow
- 4-5 years of clinical managerial experience, demonstrating the ability to lead and motivate interdisciplinary teams to achieve short- and long-term objectives
- Proven capability in identifying needs, resource management, and multitasking
- Effective public speaking skills and the ability to address audiences with confidence
- Establish a high level of credibility among clinical professionals
- Experience in Process Improvement/Lean Design methodologies – Six Sigma certification preferred
- Exemplify professionalism, enthusiasm, and a positive demeanor when interacting with customers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) and Business Intelligence tools
- Must reside in or around the St. Louis, Missouri area
- 100% paid Family Insurance Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) complete with a company match up to 5%
- Short term disability coverage
- Learning opportunities that support career development
- On-site fitness facility
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential function of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Primary Systems offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and to all employees regardless of sex, age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.