Clinical Application Specialist
The purpose of the Clinical Application Specialist (CAS) is the successful design, implementation, and training of hardware and software systems provided and sold by Primary Systems. This position will require the ability to interface with customer end-users, Primary Systems’ technical and project management personnel, and other vendor technology representatives to coordinate and present training curriculum and technical information on system configurations based on user’s needs. Typical system implementations utilize a four-step approach to system design/training; conducting a needs analysis, providing end-user training, supporting system go-live, and conducting a post go-live assessment. The CAS may also act as a resource to the sales personnel to help define project needs, customer requirements, and provide support in the presale, project implementation, and post-sale follow-up. The CAS’s duties include making sure all company policies and procedures are followed, system configurations follow manufacturer’s recommendations, and the scope of work.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Train customers (end users) on the use of all systems installed by Primary Systems at customer’s location
– Review system installation configuration and confirm facility layouts
– Contact customers to arrange all trainings/meetings
– Confirm training location, times, accommodations, equipment needs including programming of product demonstration units when applicable
– Work closely with the Sales Department to assess customer needs and expectations for systems purchased from Primary Systems|
– Perform programming changes and configuration on select systems to reflect customer designs for workflow
– Work closely with the assigned service and installation technicians to assure proper system configuration per the clinical design/assessment
– Customer support – answer questions from customers, referring calls to technical staff when necessary
– Ensure that customer service procedures are understood
– Present Primary Systems image to the community in a positive manner
– Provide timely responses to internal and external customer queries
– Locate appropriate company resources to assist customers when needed
Administrative responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Documentation of training needed and/or provided
– Produce, duplicate, and assemble customized training materials
– Coordinate with Service Coordinator to schedule technicians when needed
– Maintain records of hours provided against hours allotted per job
– Coordinate installation completion forms with Accounting to assist billing process
– Other Duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
– College Degree: Associates minimum; BSN and/or Master’s Level preferred
– 2-4 years of clinical experience as an RN, LPN or other direct-care role
– Working with electronic systems: training or service/installation
– Strong classroom training skills; minimum of 2-4yrs experience
– Experience in the operations of Health Care facilities is a plus
– Valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Strong project management/organizational skills
– Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
– Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
– Experience in developing and preparing custom presentations
– Computer literacy at the GUI (Graphical User Interface) operating system level
– Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Windows applications and networking
– Ability to work a flexible schedule based on customer need
– Ability to think on your feet’ and adjust training based on input from the customer
– Ability to manage customer experience and guide them toward best practices even when the customer is certain a different approach is better
– Ability to say ‘no’ to a customer when required to drive optimal training outcomes
– Ability to create ‘tests’ or other methods of ensuring knowledge is retained by healthcare providers
– The ideal candidate will have experience performing professional services onsite implementations followed by providing training on how to use the technical services
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch, handle, feel and reach and use arms both above and below shoulders. The employee will be required to bend at knees and forward bending at waist. The employee is also required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, dust, height hazard, and electrical hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Approximately 40/week (hourly). Pay distributed based on 26 pay periods per year.
Position does occasionally require training to be performed early in the morning and late at night to accommodate 24 hour hospital operations, as well as some over-night stays.
Due to the unique role of the position, candidates if hired are required to provide a 30 day notice when resigning.
Clinical Application Specialist
Dir, TCS; VP, Operations
St. Louis, MO
Yes; Up to 30%
Full Time; Part Time; Job Share
Will Train Applicant(s):